MISSION + VISION
"All are welcome here". I support change and encourage growth in a calm and nurturing environment. I can help you challenge false beliefs and I will validate your struggles.
Together, we will collaborate to create more peace and balance in your life, while improving your emotional coping skills and communication. We will identify and focus on your strengths and explore how to more effectively emotionally and physically connect with your loved ones.
PHILOSOPHY + BELIEFS
- I use positive attitude, encouragement, humor and the strength of our relationship as motivation for change.
- Your mind/body connection and holistic health and wellness is important. I will encourage you to consider yoga, meditation, exercise and eating healthy foods as part of your overall well-being and personal growth development.
- You have the power and strength to move forward. We all make mistakes and are doing our best. We must stop "shoulding" on ourselves and beating ourselves up.
- I believe in equality and social justice and am a LGBTQI-Welcoming + Affirming therapist.
As a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist trained in Family Systems, I am supportive with relationship concerns and struggles such as:
- Couples + Relationship Improvement
- Emotional Connection
- Musicians + Performing Artists
- Sexual Health + Intimacy
- Teen Male Issues
- Men's Issues
- Mindfulness + Meditation
- Grief + Loss
- Together, we identify and work towards common goals
- You will be involved and invested in your progress
- You are the expert about yourself, your relationships, your family and your art.
- I serve as a guide to help navigate through the unpredictable and difficult parts of life
Prior to launching my current solo private practice, I practiced with a small group for three years. Before that, I had been an outpatient therapist and have worked over ten years as an in-home skills therapist. I have worked in and have collaborated with various schools and districts as a school-based therapist, a behavior specialist paraprofessional and as an activities assistant.
After volunteering with Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Minnesota in 1996, I knew I wanted to be a therapist. Witnessing positive change under challenging circumstances with teens, fathers and families was an experience that shaped me as a therapist. With nearly two decades of working with culturally diverse populations in various settings, I bring wisdom, experience and perspective into my current work as a therapist. Helping to support families, teens and young adults in schools, juvenile detention centers, during in-home counseling and with outpatient agencies has been a highlight of my career.
I received my Masters degree in Marriage & Family Therapy from St. Mary's University of Minnesota in the Twin Cities. I also received my undergraduate degree in Social Sciences at St. Mary's of Minnesota in Winona, Minnesota. While there, I performed and toured Mexico with our Big Band and Improv Combo Jazz groups. I enjoyed living with a host family in Mexico City where I studied and learned about Spanish language and culture.
Call me now at 952.892.8433 for your FREE 15-minute phone consult to see if we would be a good fit for each other!